users@javaserverfaces-spec-public.java.net

[jsr344-experts mirror] [jsr344-experts] Re: PRD Review and pending issues ( HTML passthrough TagDecorator )

From: Leonardo Uribe <lu4242_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 18:44:16 -0500

Hi

2013/1/31 Michael Müller <michael.mueller_at_mueller-bruehl.de>:
> Am 31.01.2013 02:00, schrieb Leonardo Uribe:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Checking the spec of TagDecorator, I notice that it could be a good idea
>> allow
>> the following syntax:
>>
>> <a jsf:outcome="..."> --> <h:link outcome="...">
>>
>> <button jsf:outcome="..." --> <h:button outcome="...">
>>
>> Since h:commandLink and h:commandButton does not have outcome property,
>> there
>> is no problem and it help simplify code writing.
>

> Really need outcome?
> I guess, it can be mapped by TagDecorator this way too:
>
> <a jsf:id="..." href="..."> --> <h:link outcome="..." id="...">

In theory "outcome" is different from "href", because href points to
a very specific resource, but outcome refers to a page, and this value
is passed to NavigationHandler to derive the final href. Note that
h:link does not have "href" property defined.

> But additional attributes may answer my former question:
>
> > But what happens, if a new element is invented for HTML5?
>> <newElement jsf:id="myId"...>
>> Because of jsf:id it will be added to the tree.
>> Again my questions: Can we add an action to it? Or a value? Or whatever?
>
> <newElement jsf:input ...>
> might add as PT to the tree, and internally handle as an input element, even
> though there is no mapping in TagDecorator
>
> <newElement jsf:output ...>
> treat PT as output
>
> <newElement jsf:action="..." ...>
> add action to PT
>
> I'm not an implementor, these are just some raw ideas.

In the proposed spec there is a <jsf:element elementName="..."> tag that do
the trick. You can set passthrough values but not action-actionListener or
value-valueChangeListener.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe