users@javaserverfaces-spec-public.java.net

[jsr344-experts mirror] [jsr344-experts] Re: [730-TaskFlows] feedback request for Rossen and list

From: David Schneider <david.schneider_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 20:12:59 -0600

On 3/23/2012 8:26 AM, Edward Burns wrote:
> EB> Now that we have ResourceHandler as the one true way to load Facelet
> EB> pages, I think it would be very handy to allow all the views in a
> EB> resource library to form an implicit flow. What do ya'll think of that?
>
> Any feedback on that idea?
My concern with creating an implicit flow from all the views in a
library is what would we do about cases where a particular view relies
on the context of a particular flow? For example, a view may rely on
manage beans defined within a flow and attempting to use the view
outside of the flow will result in runtime errors. It might make sense
to create an implicit flow from all the views that are not used by a
defined flow, but it might be difficult to determine that set of views.

Dave