[jsr372-experts] Re: [jsr372-experts mirror] IMPORTANT - Is there any leftover EG implementation to be done?

From: Leonardo Uribe <leonardo.uribe_at_irian.at>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 13:28:58 -0500

Hi

This is my list of issues that I have not seen how it looks like yet
because
they are not on the spec or the API is not mature enough, and I'm waiting
to review them on public review.

Please note I have a partial vision of what is going on in the code, mostly
gathered from the javadoc and spec updates, so my personal views could
be outdated.

- https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1423
Dynamic Resource Loading: Some observations were mentioned on the list
about resource ordering, but the latest API does not reflect them (not 100%
sure).
Use getEvalScripts() looks insufficient to the goal, because it is not a
general
solution to the problem (how to update CSS resources?). Update <head> or

- https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1260
Extensionless paths: It was discussed a year ago, but no idea how it looks
like.
Some things added to the spec. Was META-INF/views (specific directory
for views) approved?

- Ajax Method Invocation h:commandScript : handling of tag with no name and
with id (generated name) was discussed but I do not know if something was
done here.

- Better CDI Integration: waiting to see if @ResolveComponent can be
included in JSF 2.3 (optional but strongly wanted).

If these issue are handled, I can consider from my side the EG
implementation done.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe