[jsr372-experts] Re: [jsr372-experts mirror] IMPORTANT - Is there any leftover EG implementation to be done?

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 22:08:12 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 7:28 PM, Leonardo Uribe <leonardo.uribe_at_irian.at>
wrote:

> - https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1260
> Extensionless paths: It was discussed a year ago, but no idea how it looks
> like.
> Some things added to the spec. Was META-INF/views (specific directory
> for views) approved?

Unfortunately a fully featured out of the box extensionless support with
nice convention folders such as WEB-INF or META-INF/views was not realised.
For that you'd still need to use PrettyFaces or OmniFaces.

1260 was broken up from the bigger issue, and it just gives JSF a basic
awareness of "exact mapping" next to the prefix and suffix mapping that it
knows of today.

This means that if you map the FacesServlet via a servlet-mapping (in e.g
web.xml) to a URL pattern like "/something", and then invoke say
localhost:8080/theapp/something, then JSF can handle that. The spec PDF for
ViewHandler and the JavaDoc for ResourceHandler detail what JSF should do.

To more directly answer Manfred's question; an extra unit test still has to
be committed for this (I have a basic one locally, but not suited to be
committed at the moment). I started with migrating the so-called Cactus
tests for the ViewHandler and ResourceHandler but this appeared to be way
more work than anticipated. Cactus is somewhat difficult to comprehend at
time.

I'll make sure to commit this last test before 27/01/2017.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms