[jsr372-experts] Re: Please Help: Can someone help me get back up to speed?

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 19:49:56 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 7:34 PM, Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
wrote:

> arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com> said:
> Thanks, these are great resources. These will set Kito and I up fine
> for JavaOne.

Good to hear ;)

I'll hope to be able to update the what's new in 2.3 page soon with some of
the entries that are still missing.

> I expect I will be in the reverse position of having to suss-out any
> build issues on my end in getting ready for a demo! It's been a while
> since I built it Mojarra. I hope you all have been practicing TDD.

The easiest to follow steps of how to build Mojarra are provided by Josh
here:
http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com/2016/05/working-with-mojarra-maven-builds.html

To start the tests locally using the default settings:

First make sure you have a glassfish.patch.home and glassfish.cargo.home
defined in your ~/m2/settings.xml

E.g.

    <properties>
        <glassfish.cargo.home>/opt/glassfish411</glassfish.cargo.home>
        <glassfish.patch.home>/opt/glassfish411</glassfish.patch.home>
    </properties>

Then from [mojarra home]:

cd test

./bin/run-tests.sh

TDD has been at the heart of every contribution, to the point that not
rarely the test took more time to create than the actual code.

Kind regards,

Arjan Tijms