users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr366-experts] Java EE Security API

From: Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:50:38 +0200

Hi Linda,

can it stay outside WebProfile for EE 8? It seems security still requires
custom API or vendor specific API in enough cases (for good and bad
reasons) and is easier not integrating with a 3rd party (EE or not) in
other numerous cases to not pollute the web profile with yet another spec
not yet helping much in enough cases.

+1 to get it in the full profile however, it is a very good move and next
version will hopefully make it more adapted to enterprises and
microservices and could imply a move to webprofile if accepted enough.

Probably wiser this way than the opposite which would enforce a stack for
EE > 8 not yet justified IMHO.

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> | Blog