users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jpa-spec users] [jsr338-experts] JPA 2.2 with Java EE8 Public Draft #2 Review

From: Oliver Gierke <ogierke_at_pivotal.io>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 07:41:13 +0200

Given those resource and timing constraints now persist for close to two years, and also given that apparently the spec is considered important to a lot of people, would it make sense to distribute the work to the people interested in it instead of keeping all of this within an unofficial "team", which very obviously is not the JPA EG?

I hate to break the news but JPA is becoming a poster child example of what's wrong with the process as is. It's really a shame that we have three months to go and still only see a lot of hand waving while other specs move along just fine and folks have indicated for two years that they're willing to help but have been held outside an anonymous inner circle with "we'll keep you posted" responses (have a look at the JPA mailing list archive for proof).

You're busy? Fine. Then why not let people help? If I have too much on my plate I reach out to others asking for help. This is a community process, right? If there are reasons that community is not pulled into the loop, at least those should be openly communicated.

Thanks,
Ollie