users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jpa-spec users] [jsr338-experts] JPA 2.2 with Java EE8 Public Draft #2 Review

From: Guillermo González de Agüero <z06.guillermo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 19:11:01 +0000

Thanks for the update Linda, and a big +1 for Oliver.

As we have seen in JSR375 (where Arjan has taken care of basically the
whole RI), the community can lead the effort and move discussions, reducing
workload for Oracle.

I'm totally with Oliver in that this situation doesn't benefit anybody.

Also, note that both Hibernate and Eclipselink have already implemented a
lot of the features currently targeted to 2.2 at Jira, so discussions
should be farily fluent.

I personally hope there's still time for community input when the MR
process is initiated.

Regards,

Guillermo González de Agüero.