users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jms-spec users] [jsr368-experts] Re: svn -> git (GitHub)

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 00:03:34 +0100

Hi David!

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 11:50 PM, David Blevins <dblevins_at_tomitribe.com>
wrote:

> Hello from an airport!

The wonders of modern telecommunication ;)

> Chiming in to show support for the proposal. In reference to one big org
> for all of EE, I'd be in favor of separate orgs to
>
> 1) give spec leads the most control. Aggregating control/authority to a
> center usually slows things down.

True, but if all EG members or at least spec leads got full control of all
repos it wouldn't matter that much. It's just a working repo anyway, and
only java.net (in case of Oracle led JSRs) would be this often mentioned
"The Truth".

But the one big org was just an idea I wanted to throw out there, separate
orgs would work too. To make the user aware of the other orgs, every org
could list the others in their readme.md with the current one in bold or so.

> That said there still could be a javaee repo with forks of the other
> repos. Though perhaps not worth the overhead.

If the separate repos are the main thing, then the javaee one would likely
not be worth the overhead. Especially since there's already the java.net
ones and then not rarely you have the GitHub mirrors of the java.net repos
as well.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms