users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr366-experts] Re: Re: One container to rule them all

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 17:11:15 +0100

Take @Stateless and replace it with a @Transactional, and that's the end of
the EJBContainer API. Either we update it with the new improvements of Java
EE 7 and 8, or we leave it. Nobody uses the EJBContainer in "real"
applications, not even for testing as we quickly can't make it work with
other specs. A Container that is allowed to orchestrate all the other
specs, makes sense, if it's only a subset (like the EJBContainer) then it
will not be used.

Except for the front-end technologies (JSF and JSP) I would like to have a
Container API to rule them all.

Antonio

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect, Java Champion and Pluralsight author