users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr366-experts] Re: Re: One container to rule them all

From: David Blevins <dblevins_at_tomitribe.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 07:55:12 -0800

On Feb 20, 2015, at 7:20 AM, Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> and is completely useless today

Careful about that. Bill's biggest concern with Java EE in general is adding things which immediately become failed and legacy.

That statement will read, "we couldn't figure out how to make an EJB Container API people wanted, let's take our lack of skill and make a Container API."

They frequently let the sub-specs have a little creative freedom as a way to test interest and the market for ideas that might make sense platform wide.

If the EJB Container API is successful. More will come.

If it was failed. The train stops entirely.

-David