users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr366-experts] Re: Re: One container to rule them all

From: David Blevins <dblevins_at_tomitribe.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 08:08:02 -0800

On Feb 20, 2015, at 7:20 AM, Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_GMAIL.COM> wrote:

> CDI, JTA, Concurrency, JPA and JAX-RS (but again, why not adding Bean Validation and servlets, if we have JAX-RS ?).

As long as UI technologies (JSP, JSF) are left out.

> As David states, EJBContainer was a big improvement in EE 6 but got paused and is completely useless today. Let's also remember that testing is important, and a Container API would help in this matter.

My statement was more that the EJBContainer API was a very successful. We have to remember what the market looked like before it. Even Arquillian got it's launch in part from Embedded containers. I still present it and have people come say "wow" after the talk.

I would definitely agree that it doesn't go far enough, which I'll take as the heart of what you meant. I've definitely hear that feedback as well. "It's great but I need more."

-David