users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr366-experts] Re: Simple rules to ease user (and other spec) life

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 14:42:28 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 2:04 AM, Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com> wrote:
> We don't know of a good cross-platform wysiwyg tool that produces high
> quality html and can handle documents that are hundreds of pages long,
> importing our existing formats.

I personally haven't used it, and it certainly isn't wysiwyg and it
probably won't have converters available for all existing formats, but
at Devoxx's EG meetup two years ago I think most people mentioned
AsciiDoc as the preferred tool.

At least for new JSRs (MVC, Security, etc) it might not hurt to see if
we can agree on a common tool?

Kind regards,
Arjan