users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr366-experts] Re: Status of the Java EE 8 specifications

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 14:47:12 -0800

We agree on the long term vision. This is almost entirely a resource issue. In
order to do this, we have to stop doing something else, or we have to delay the
release. Based on the feedback we've gotten from the community, the things
we've chosen to work on right now are the most important. We'd like to do what
you suggest below as well, but it's most likely going to have to be done later.

Note also that the Concurrency spec wasn't conceived as "anything related to any
kind of concurrency in Java EE". Whether it should become that is a question
we'll have to answer in the future when we deal with these issues.