users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr366-experts] new JSRs

From: Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 14:29:38 +0000

The EE implementation already exists but is 'tied in' with being compatible
with other EE APIs. The proposed SE implementation has come about because
people feel that it should be a core part of the language now (like JAXP
is). I suspect the SE spec would be a subset of the EE one focusing on the
core processing. The EE one could rely on and provide a light layer to
ensure API compatibility with JAX-RS, CDI and so forth. At least that's
how I hope this will play out as at least from the LJC point of view we'd
have a hard time ratifying the JSR if there is a disconnect between the two
as that would make life harder for developers as opposed to easier.

Cheers,
Martijn