users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: default resources

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 22:59:11 +0100

Hi,

I dislike the term "real apps", like I dislike the term "Enterprise" in
Java EE. Java EE is just a bunch of frameworks that work well together.
This "bunch of frameworks" should be easy to use to just get started, and
this same "bunch of frameworks" should be rich enough to get configured to
handle the most complex use cases.

My wish : getting rid of the persistence.xml and have a default persistence
unit.

The day a Java EE app is able run without a *single* line of XML would
bring happiness to the world. The day Java EE gets a real configuration
specification would bring love to the entire planet ;o)

Antonio

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect, Java Champion and Pluralsight author