users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: default resources

From: Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 09:00:35 +0100

Le 15 nov. 2014 23:00, "Antonio Goncalves" <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I dislike the term "real apps", like I dislike the term "Enterprise" in
Java EE. Java EE is just a bunch of frameworks that work well together.
This "bunch of frameworks" should be easy to use to just get started, and
this same "bunch of frameworks" should be rich enough to get configured to
handle the most complex use cases.

"Real apps" meant "apps I saw in prod" - web and batches mainly.

> My wish : getting rid of the persistence.xml and have a default
persistence unit.

+1 but belongs to another thread

> The day a Java EE app is able run without a *single* line of XML would
bring happiness to the world. The day Java EE gets a real configuration
specification would bring love to the entire planet ;o)

Doesnt mean EE 7 cant be enhanced waiting for it.