users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: default resources

From: Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 12:01:38 +0100

> This discussion seems to have wandered off topic...
>
> I'm not trying to raise the question of whether default resources are a good
> idea or not. We've already decided they are, and they're already in the spec.
> You might disagree with that decision, but that decision has already been made.

Yes, sorry but mainly wanted to make more obvious default resources
are not defined enough today and that some more work on this topic
would be very welcomed.

> Given that we made that decision, and given that we believe it is a useful and
> usable feature appropriate for some users and some use cases, how should we
> deal with the issue raised in my original message?

Maybe I didn't get it right but your message is mainly about product
specific features in which case vendors should handle it and not the
spec since features are already out the spec. Said otherwise if the
spec allows to influence vendors features then this should be spec
features. Having auto-adjusting resources or default resources is
mainly the same in term of behavior so not sure spec should go further
regading it.