users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr342-experts] Re: JSON Binding JSR

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 11:15:32 +0200

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 6:34 PM, Martin Grebac <martin.grebac_at_oracle.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On 15.07.14 12:05, Antonio Goncalves wrote:
>
>> Hi Linda and all,
>>
>> You can count on me as a supporter.
>>
> Thank you.
>
> Some thoughts though :
>>
>> * In 2.2 "/The target of the JSR is SE 7/". Why not SE 8 ? The APIs
>>
>> could start laveraging some novelties of SE 8.
>>
>> Do you have any specific novelties in mind? The reasoning behing is not
> to limit supporting implementations in the choice of JDK. I've heard more
> feedback on the version choice so we'll take it under consideration.

I don't know if this could be appropriate or non, but the use of Optional
looks interesting for writing more expressive APIs. But again, I can see
the benefit of being able to run on Java SE 7.

> * Any plans to embrace Bean Validation ?
>>
>> Yes, even though not stated explicitly in the proposal.

Good to know. A shame JAXB doesn't (it would even make more sense with the
generation of XSD)

> * Any integration plans with JPA (eg. an @Entity is automatically
>> marshalled by JSON-B) ?
>>
>> No, not at this point.

Maybe something to address in the JPA expert group at a later stage.

Antonio