users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr342-experts] Re: JSON Binding JSR

From: Martin Grebac <martin.grebac_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 18:34:28 +0200

Hi,

On 15.07.14 12:05, Antonio Goncalves wrote:
> Hi Linda and all,
>
> You can count on me as a supporter.
Thank you.

> Some thoughts though :
>
> * In 2.2 "/The target of the JSR is SE 7/". Why not SE 8 ? The APIs
> could start laveraging some novelties of SE 8.

Do you have any specific novelties in mind? The reasoning behing is not
to limit supporting implementations in the choice of JDK. I've heard
more feedback on the version choice so we'll take it under consideration.

> * Any plans to embrace Bean Validation ?

Yes, even though not stated explicitly in the proposal.

> * Any integration plans with JPA (eg. an @Entity is automatically
> marshalled by JSON-B) ?

No, not at this point.

  MartiNG

--
Martin Grebac, SW Engineering Manager, TopLink
Oracle Czech, Prague