users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] How can serious TCK issues be addressed?

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 23:34:27 +0200

Hi,

I wonder if there is any procedure to address potentially serious defects
or omissions in the TCK for a given Java EE specification.

Hypothetically, suppose that the TCK for JSF tested a bunch of things, but
did not test the most basic thing (that e.g. JSF actually rendered
something), or that e.g. JPA would actually be able to persist anything, or
Bean Validation would actually be able to validate, etc.

If I'm not mistaken it's possible for serious spec issues to be corrected
with an errata, but how does this work for the TCK? Can this be updated
during the life time of a spec version, and if so what would this mean for
products that have already been certified using an older version of the TCK?

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms