users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Wish-List for EE 8

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:18:34 +0200

Hi all,

I was wondering if we could use JavaOne to brainstorm on Java EE 8. And I'm
not just talking about a one hour BOF between some spec leads/expert
members and developers, I am more thinking of a half day with only spec
leads and expert members.

To be honest, I felt very frustrated when Oracle announced "Java EE 7 being
Cloudish". Nobody asked what the expert members thought of such
announcement, of what they had in their mind for the future of the plaform.

What do you think of physically meeting before/during/after JavaOne and
start shaping the future of the platform ?

Antonio

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion