users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Fwd: [JSR-354] Strawman scope - JavaSE only

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 09:15:59 +0100

Markus,

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

While one may see such types as "language enhancements" and
java.util.Currency is clearly a natural candidate for RI where applicable,
the examples of javax.xml (JAXP and other JSRs) or CDI (version 2 will aim
for SE option, too) show that some important enhancements and foundations
of EE were later integrated with SE or (as discussed for JSON) even future
Embedded profiles.

Brian Goetz said, even proposed as platform catering JSR something like 354
won't have to wait for SE 9 to be created in OpenJDK or equivalent projects
(e.g. the JavaCard Umbrella and most of ME have embraced kenai.com over
java.net and still do;-) However, should it go the platform/project way,
for EE doors would be locked till EE9. While a standalone version of such
JSR could be used in theory all the way back into EE6 applications, and I
guess you know best here, there aren't even too many EE6 certified
containers actively used by Production quality projects yet;-)

Werner

329.gif
(image/gif attachment: 329.gif)

347.gif