users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr342-experts] Re: custom injection annotations

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 17:07:14 +0100

Nigel, sorry if this has already been debated in the JMS 2.0 EG, but why
can't we also have a default Queue and a default Topic ? In development
phase I would love to write something like this :

@Stateless
public class JavaEESender {

    @Inject private JMSContext context;
    *_at_Inject private Queue inboundQueue;*

    public void sendMessage(String msg) {
        try {
            context.createProducer().send(inboundQueue, msg);
        } catch (JMSRuntimeException ex){
            Logger.getLogger(getClass().getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, null, ex);
        }
    }}

I know @JMSDestinationDefinition exists, but I like the idea of being
able to go even further with the defaults (the beauty of programming
by exception). Something like this should be doable :

@Stateless
public class JavaEESender {

    @Inject private JMSContext context;

    *_at_Inject private Queue inboundQueue;*

    *_at_Inject private PersistenceContext em;*

public void sendMessage(String msg) { try {
context.createProducer().send(inboundQueue, msg); *em.persist*(new
MyEntity(msg));

        } catch (JMSRuntimeException ex){
            Logger.getLogger(getClass().getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, null, ex);
        }
    }}

Antonio