users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Java EE 7 roadmap

From: Markus Eisele <myfear_at_web.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 20:27:04 +0200

Hi Linda,
hi all,

I am also supporting this proposal. As discussed here and with other
already I strongly believe
that EE 6 adoption will grow steadily and we win a lot by continuing
to focus on developer productivity
and technology alignment before adding extra value.
Beside this I believe that we need far more input from vendors already
having PaaS experience to standardize it.
For now this simply is too early and we have a lot of other open issues to

I don't know if it will be a good idea to shift the name from EE 7 to
EE 6.5 to express the further improvements.
The 7 is somehow connected with cloud and PaaS since over a year now.

Thanks for this brave move and I am truly looking forward to continue
my engagement with the Java EE EG!

- Markus