users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Minimal profile ?

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:58:41 +0200

I have nothing against JSF, but it makes sense if there are some Web
Frameworks using different implementations or technologies for their
presentation, which may not need JSF at all. So whatever you call it
"Minimal" or "Web Light" sounds reasonable. I'm not sure, if I would even
include Bean Validation, while CDI has become a de facto standard for
Injection, except for a few cases like Spring where they use 330, but other
approaches on top of that...

Of course you get a +++ for Modularity, at least in the sense, somebody
also replied to Victor Grazi's QCon article the other day. Get Modularity
into Java 8, and modularize the next JDK on top of that. It seems too late
for EE7, but if SE 8 doesn't dare, it seems like a good idea for EE to
think about it to start with.

Werner