users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Minimal profile ?

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 23:46:16 +0200

Antonio,

Interesting idea. How big is the difference between what you propose and
the Web Profile, e.g. the TomEE server meets?

EE 7 could offer a limited set of Modularity, but when the decision was
made to drop Modularity from the Java 7 Platform due to the complications
and challenges, the OpenJDK team is facing up until this day, I was among
the first to point out the negative impact this would have on EE to then
Spec Lead Roberto, and others, particularly EC Members present.
Further Modularity or additional profiles may only work if the foundation
really became modular. We hope and trust that's going to be EE8 or any EE
that can use Java (8) Modularity.

Werner
Am 29.06.2012 23:35 schrieb "Antonio Goncalves" <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com