users@javaee-spec.java.net

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr342-experts] Re: Configuration

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:10:23 -0700

Pete Muir wrote on 07/22/11 01:46 AM:

>>> Ok, well the offer stands - let us know if you want to explore a XML syntax for CDI 1.1 :-)
>>
>> I think it's pretty much up to you and your expert group at this point.
>>
>> It seems unlikely to me that we could apply this outside of CDI for EE 7,
>> but I can see some advantages to gaining experience with this new approach
>> in CDI for EE 7. But maybe you think you've got enough experience with
>> this in Seam Config? And maybe you've already got plenty of other things
>> to do for CDI 1.1?
>>
>> Let us know what *you* think should be done!
>
> It's something that will add real value to CDI, and complete one of the large gaps. So, if there is a good chance of it being supported at the platform level I will advocate to the CDI EG that we add this to the schedule, and I will find some time to spend on it.

Just to be clear, we're still at the "looks interesting, let's talk some more"
stage. It *does* look like a good solution for the particular problem CDI
faces. Whether it's a good solution for all our deployment descriptor needs is
still not clear to me. If it turns out to be just "different" rather than
"better", it will be a hard sell. But at this point it looks interesting
enough to pursue further.