jsr366-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr366-experts] Re: [javaee-spec users] Re: Re: Java EE 7 Application Client and JCA

From: Kevin Sutter <sutter_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 16:11:19 -0500

Thanks, Linda. That does help. As long as we're clear that the platform
spec doesn't require JCA in the app client, then we're good.

I have no problem with leaving connection-factory and administered-object
in the XSD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kevin Sutter
STSM, Java EE and Java Persistence API (JPA) architect
mail: sutter_at_us.ibm.com, Kevin Sutter/Rochester/IBM
http://webspherepersistence.blogspot.com/
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
http://openjpa.apache.org/

Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com> wrote on 05/07/2015 03:21:53
PM:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Kevin Sutter
> > STSM, Java EE and Java Persistence API (JPA) architect
> > mail: sutter_at_us.ibm.com, Kevin Sutter/Rochester/IBM
> > http://webspherepersistence.blogspot.com/
> > phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
> > http://openjpa.apache.org/
> >

> > Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com> wrote on 05/07/2015
> > 02:12:25 PM:
> >
> > > From: Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com>
> > > To: jsr366-experts_at_javaee-spec.java.net
> > > Date: 05/07/2015 02:13 PM
> > > Subject: [javaee-spec users] [jsr366-experts] Re: Java EE 7
> > > Application Client and JCA
> > >
> > > Hi Kevin,
> > >
> > > Figure EE.10-1 is indeed inconsistent with the XSD. I will correct
> > > it in the MR draft. The figure should have "connection-factory"
> > > instead of "connector-resource". Figure EE.10-1 should also have
an
> > > entry for "administered-object" in order to be consistent with the
XSD
> > > (which I will also correct).
> > >
> > > Figure EE.8-3 has the same connector-resource inconsistency and
> > > will also be fixed.
> > >
> > > With regard to requirements, the Java EE spec chapter 6
(specifically
> > > Table EE.6-1) states that support for Connector 1.7 is not required
> > > for App Client containers, although the Connector spec itself
> > > describes semantics for when this is supported. In view of that,
> > > I think it is reasonable that connection-factory be an element of
> > > the XSD.
> > >
> > > I believe the G.2 reference was specific to security contracts.
> > >
> > > Hope that helps clarify. And thanks for pointing out the bugs.
> > >
> > > regards,
> > >
> > > -Linda

> > were...

> > definitions for