jsr366-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr366-experts] Re: [javaee-spec users] Re: Java EE 7 Application Client and JCA

From: Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 13:21:53 -0700

Hi Kevin,

I think the Platform spec is clear that JCA is not required in
app client containers.

AFAICT the Connector spec describes use in app client containers,
although such support is not required by the Platform spec.
In view of that, I don't think it is unreasonable to include these
elements in the app client XSD. If you think connection-factory
should be removed from the XSD, we should discuss in the context
of Java EE 8 changes. I think administered-object belongs in
any case since support for JMS is required in app client containers.

regards,

-Linda