jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] feedback from JavaOne Java EE BOF

From: Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 15:32:34 -0700

I'd like to thank those of you who came to our "Meet the Java EE Spec
Leads BOF" at JavaOne the other week. We had a lively group of
approximately 40 attendees and a good back-and-forth with the many
spec leads who attended.

Part of our goal with the BOF was not only to provide an opportunity for
attendees to ask us questions, but also for us to gather feedback on
some of our open issues. To that end, I prepared a slide deck that
included a number of questions that we used to poll the audience.

I've attached an annotated version of the slide deck that I used, showing
the responses we received from the audience. Unfortunately, we ran out
of time before we could cover all the slides.
Slides using the color-coded boxes have counts of the number of respondents;
I've annotated other slides with the numbers in red.

I hope you find this interesting in view of our group discussion of these issues.

-Linda