jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: Configuration

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:47:45 +0200

Talking about our experiences at customers, JNDI is not what I commonly see.
Teams use Maven profiles, property.files, XML, Spring Configuration or funny
parsing of Strings (eg. @@This is a value you need to parse@@). And that's
also because JNDI is of no use when you work with Tomcat, Batch of other
non-full-EE server.

All this is funny because configuration is crucial to applications and it
feels we don't use the right tool. I would like to hear more from people of
the OSGi landscape, Spring Config or Seam Config... They have a lot of
experience in this matter