users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Re: Events for login/logout

From: Will Hopkins <will.hopkins_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 17:25:15 -0400

This is specified in the EDR, based on discussion on the experts list.

The way I specified it is that the servlet container will configure the
SAM required for HttpAuthenticationMechanism IFF the
<login-config><auth-method> for the servlet is set to AUTHMECH (as
opposed to BASIC, FROM, or CERT). The reason for this is that
applications must be able to specify how they want to authenticate, per
the servlet spec. If the mere existence of HttpAuthenticationMechanism
somewhere in classpath triggers that behavior, it may override the
application's choice (or, at best, allocate unused resources in the
container).

On a related note, I think we need some way of ordering or prioritizing
when there are multiple instances of, e.g., HAMs or IdentityStores, in
classpath, and potentially excluding some instances (esp. for
IdentityStores). Maybe there are obvious ways to do this -- I'm pretty
new to CDI -- but, applications need to be able to ensure that only the
IdentityStores they want are being used at runtime, even when others
exist in the system.

Will