users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Drop SecurityContext from the spec?

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 18:50:42 +0100

Hi,

The original vision for security context was really simple. Basically just
isCallerInRole and getCallerPrincipal.

In fact it's basically done. There's some discussion regarding how to
implement it, especially in the light of the "fear" (for lack of a better
term) of JACC. But that shouldn't really stand in the way of the
specification.

All the other methods and features mentioned in the issue were pretty much
optional (nice to haves).

So if we take what we have now, declare that to be the draft spec and
invite the EG to provide comments for minor adjustments at most (no new
features, but perhaps change the names or option syntax somewhat), then
we should be there.

I can try to do the GF implementation soon.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms