users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Moving forward with ED1

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 18:38:44 +0200

Hi,

I am fine with either of those. JSR 354 https://github.com/JavaMoney/
jsr354-api/tree/master/src/main/asciidoc shows, how this could look like in
a Final release using Asciidoc.
And as Alex mentioned, Bean Validation and CDI also use it (with a few
tweaks, e.g. finer-grained modularity JSR 363 took some inspiration from
the CDI TCK, but unless we could get that to be Open Sourced in 375, I'm
not sure, if it's an option here?;-)

JSR 363 (https://docs.google.com/document/d/12KhosAFriGCczBs6gwtJJDfg_
QlANT92_lhxUWO2gCY/edit) did use Google Docs for the Spec. There was some
issue with the formatting of Asciidoc which I evaluated, but we had some
initial material from JSR 275 or the UoM.org project as contributions to
the spec which did not render well in Asciidoc. While importing those into
Google Docs worked fine, that was the main reason. JSR 107 (with Oracle as
Co Spec Lead) also used Google Docs.

For a fresh start with no major import from existing documents, I guess
Asciidoc works pretty well.

If we continue to use GitHub at least as mirror (or if there's no permanent
replacement or life extension to java.net after Spring '17) then Gitter is
worth a thought for a more persistent form of instant messaging:
https://gitter.im/unitsofmeasurement/unit-ri?utm_source=badge&utm_medium=
badge&utm_campaign=pr-badge&utm_content=badge also see JSR 363 RI, we used
it later in 354, so there is less history there.

Slack would be an alternative, I'm sure most of you joined channels e.g. by
Adam Bien (also in this EG;-) or similar.
HipChat was used by a client last year even inside the corporate firewalls
(as one of the very few "cloud-based" solutions that really does store its
data outside the country;-)

Not sure about preferences and policies by Oracle, but especially Gitter
seems rather easy for GitHub repo owners and admins to add.

We do use Google Hangouts in other cases. JSR 363 rarely did, but we had
the advantage of 3-4 EC members also in the EG so we met 2-3 times per year
for a F2F. JSON-B/P Spec Lead Dmitry just invited us to a Zoom voice call
https://oracle.zoom.us <https://oracle.zoom.us/my/dmitry.kornilov> tonight.
We'll see how it goes, but it looks like it is officially ordered by
Oracle, so if e.g. it also records sessions, it may be worth a try even if
some may not be able to join. A history function similar to those
persistent chats would be a great advantage. I'll know more after tonight
how Zoom works.

Regards,
Werner