users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Submitted Proposal for DevoXX US

From: Will Hopkins <will.hopkins_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 12:34:43 -0400

FYI, I did manage to submit the following proposal for DevoXX US before
the deadline:

*TItle:*
What's New in Java EE Security: JSR-375 and Beyond

*Summary of your presentation, for the attendee**:*
Come hear about the current state of JSR-375, followed by a discussion
of what may be next for Java EE security. This talk will include an
update on the status of JSR-375, a description of its major features and
APIs, and discussion of the remaining technical issues to be worked out
(if any). The talk will conclude with a brief discussion of proposals
for additional security features, targeting cloud deployments, that are
under consideration for a follow-on JSR.

*Message for the program committee, motivation for your presentation:*
As the spec lead for JSR-375, I have two primary goals in giving this
talk: First, to publicize the work the expert group is doing, and the
new features and APIs that are coming, so that developers will be aware
of them and be able to take advantage of them as soon as they become
available. Second, to get feedback on a work in progress. Application
developers are the consumers of Java EE APIs. The response to this talk,
in terms of interest level (attendance), questions and comments during
the talk, etc., will be very helpful to the expert group as we work to
complete the JSR.

*Other:*
Type: 50 minute conference
Track: Server Side Java
Audience: For intermediate audience
Talk type: Slides only (no code)
Yes to Golden ticket review
No to sponsor/exhibitor talk

Will

--
Will Hopkins | Platform Security Architect | +1.781.442.0310
Oracle Cloud Application Foundation