users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Re: Migration from java.net

From: Will Hopkins <will.hopkins_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 14:00:44 -0400

Hi All,

Firstly, I'd like to just say that I'm very happy to be taking on the
spec lead role for JSR-375, and looking forward to working with you all
to bring it to fruition.

I do plan to submit an EDR 1 ASAP. At the moment, though, I'm still
getting up to speed on both the content of the JSR and the mechanics of
running a JSR, particularly in light of the changes occasioned by the
decommissioning of java.net. Question -- does anyone know off-hand what
the deadline is for EDR vs. Renewal Ballot? If not, I can find/figure
it out on my end, but it wasn't obvious to me looking at the JSR's JCP
page, and I haven't yet read the full JCP 2.10 process doc.

Once I've digested the existing material, I'd like to meet with the EG
to discuss a plan for moving forward, either late this week or early
next week. I know we're scattered across a number of time zones -- is
there a time/day that's best for most members? If there's a clear
consensus I'll go with that; otherwise I'll put something up on
SurveyMonkey and we can vote.

Lastly, regarding Werner's suggesting that we present at DevoXX US, I'm
going to submit a proposal today to present the JSR's work, which I
assume will be nearing completion by that time. If anyone has any
suggestions as to that content -- or if it conflicts with Ivar's planned
presentation -- please let me know ASAP. I want to get something in by
today's deadline.

Thanks!

Will

--
Will Hopkins | Platform Security Architect | +1.781.442.0310
Oracle Cloud Application Foundation