users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Devoxx BE feedback

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 19:29:45 +0100

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 2:34 PM, arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> After this has been done I can start looking at the mentioned top levels.

I've reorganised the repo at
https://github.com/javaee-security-spec/javaee-security-proposals

There main structure is now:

* authentication
  * identity-store
  * authentication-mechanism
* authorization
  * interceptor
* overall

I checked that everything still compiles and it seems it does. If I made
any mistakes, please let me know.

When scanning through the proposals it became clear again that we basically
have 4 different kinds of artefacts:

1. API proposals/sketches
2. Implementation code of APIs
3. Running example code
   3.1. Actual applications
   3.2. (unit) tests

The current repo does not really take this into account and I'm not sure it
should, but it's a clear difference. Some proposals are nothing but
essentially a single annotation, others are an actual application. The
application are currently not in the proposal repo, but in Adam Bien's and
my own repos. Still thinking about where to best relocate that.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms