users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Devoxx BE feedback

From: Jean-Louis Monteiro <jlmonteiro_at_tomitribe.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 15:53:59 +0100

Hi everyone,

Was last week at Devoxx BE. Got to meet Rudy from the expert group which is
nice.
The talk itself went great. Did reuse some of the materials already done
previously.

Good participation during regular polls when I was talking.
Surprisingly no question during the Q/R which made me feel bad.

But right after the applause, about 10 people jumped on stage to discuss
and congratulate me which made me feel a bit better.
Wasn't my best talk at all, but looks like at least some people found it
interesting.

Some feedback

- rather use user than caller for the consistency question

- CDI must be in the landscape - @Transactional used as a comparison of the
thing to do. Antoine also opened the doors to collaborate.

- Events - people overall really liked the event approach to either collect
information about the authN/authZ process, or also to authenticate as we
proposed in the playground.

- Websocket - please do not forget it. What about HTTP/2 also.

- Multi-tenancy - targeting the cloud is a great decision but multi-tenancy
must be addressed.

Hope this helps our discussions.

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro