users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Re: 1-TerminologyAuthInteractionVsStore ACTION: cast vote

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 16:13:43 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 3:09 PM, Ajay Reddy <areddy_at_us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I use both these terms when discussing authentication, but I think I use
> Method more than Mechanism :-) - so my vote is for Authentication Method.

I have to admit to be using both terms as well, which only emphasis the
necessity for agreeing on a single term I think ;)

Terms so far:

* auth-method (Servlet)
* authentication method (Resin term 1)
* authentication mechanism (Undertow)
* authenticator (Tomcat)
* login manager (Resin term 2)
* login (Resin term 3)

8 out of 14 voted:

Arjan Tijms - authentication mechanism
Adam: auth-method (because in web.xml + servlet)
Darran Lofthouse - authentication mechanism
Pedro Igor - authentication mechanism
Rudy De Busscher - authentication mechanism (slightly favored) /
authentication method
Werner Keil - authentication method
Ivar Grimstad - auth-method / authentication method
Ajay Reddy - Authentication method

Organized per term:

authentication mechanism - 4
authentication method - 4