users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Re: JavaLand?

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 23:49:31 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 8:28 PM, David Blevins <dblevins_at_tomitribe.com>
wrote:

> I do recall that the proposal that got the most "is this useful" hands was
> this one:
>
> -
> https://github.com/javaee-security-spec/javaee-security-proposals/tree/master/standard-security-context

Interesting, but perhaps also a bit expected?

Things like @RolesAllowed and also this security context for doing
isCallerInRole etc checks is likely what many application developers will
use most on a daily basis in their code.

Configuring security, while extremely important and a clear showstopper
now, is not done on a daily basis of course. Writing one's own
authentication modules is likely only done by relatively few developers.

Still, even though it concerns relatively speaking only a few developers,
if you need to write your own module you absolutely need it, and if Java EE
stands in your way of doing that then it's a major issue. So definitely not
saying this should get less attention ;)

Kind regards,
Arjan