[jsr375-experts] Re: API vs Impl and RI name

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 18:06:35 +0200

Hi,

Good point. I'd rather not get started on API / Spec vs. RI, since many
JSRs and even EC members have different thoughts and interpretations of
that;-)

Most view the "javax.*" part as "implementation" of the spec already, hence
all artifacts usuallly carry the RI license(s) even if "api" and "ri" are
independent pieces of software.

However, most JSRs have a separate package and many declare a project name
like "Jersey", etc. Regardless of the package name being under
"org.glassfish" or not.

Having one would give the JSR a better visibility and identity;-)

Werner