[jsr375-experts] Re: Read-Only Identity Store Proposal

From: Alex Kosowski <alex.kosowski_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 10:22:24 -0400

Agreed.

Before we added JAAS adapter, they were all identity stores associated
with persistence mechanisms and it made more sense. But now that is not
exactly correct. Also, I wanted to emphasize the two parts of an
identity store: the credential validation (i.e. CredentialValidators)
and the persistence store. But based on the latest comments,
CredentialValidators are being viewed as too heavy weight, and perhaps
this distinction is too confusing.

Regarding packaging...
So maybe instead of the package "
javax.security.identitystore.persistence", we put standard
implementations in " javax.security.identitystore.impl"?

Regards,
Alex