users@grizzly.java.net

Configuring Grizzly timeouts

From: Sondra <sondra_at_pleasingsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 09:27:35 -0700 (PDT)

Our server is experiencing two different timeouts while receiving an
http/https file upload over a poor cell connection. I am hoping there are
configuration settings that can be used to modify the timeout values. I am
using Grizzly (version 1.9.18-10) within glassfish v3.

The first one is:

[#|2010-09-21T11:54:14.289-0400|WARNING|glassfish3.0.1|com.sun.grizzly.config.GrizzlyServiceListener|_ThreadID=13;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|Interrupting
idle Thread: http-thread-pool-80-(1)|#]

Even if the upload is otherwise progressing nicely, it is terminated after
15 minutes. I have seen other mentions of this message, but do not know how
to extend the timeout value.

The second one generates an IOException: "Stream ended unexpectedly" while
reading data. I believe this is caused by the TCP/IP socket timing out and
closing when the file is being uploaded very slowly. This happens even when
additional data is still being uploaded. How can this timeout be extended?

Thanks for your help!
Sondra