users@grizzly.java.net

2.0 M3 Generics issue

From: Alex Barker <abarker_at_callutheran.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 11:36:12 -0700

I am noticing a few issues with generic inconsistencies with the UDP
EchoServer example. For example Connection connection =
ctx.getConnection(); is warning that "Connection is a raw type.
References to generic type Connection<L> should be parameterized". So I
tried chaining it to Connection<SocketAddress> connection =
ctx.getConnection(); but I still get a warning about Type safety: The
expression of type Connection needs unchecked conversion to conform to
Connection<SocketAddress>. This problem seems to be occurring all over
the place and I am wondering if I am doing something incorrectly or if
that portion has not been completed yet.

Thanks

--
Alexander Barker
Senior Programmer