users@grizzly.java.net

Re: Windows 1.9.11 intermittent socket read problem

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:17:10 -0400

Salut,

Amy Kang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have noticed an intermittent socket read problem under stress on
> Windows
> using Grizzly 1.9.11 - as if a section of bytes was missing. This is
> only noticed
> on Windows. I'v tried on Solaris different CPU #/speed machines all
> work fine
> with the same test. The Windows machine I used/noticed the problem is a
> Windows
> Server 2003 with JDK 1.6.0_12, and at least another user reported
> similar problem
> on his Windows machine.

Huh...win2003 and NIO doesn't work well. I've reported to Microsoft a
couple of years back an issue were the nbpool was leaking and eventually
bringing down the entire TCP stack. Can you look at the nbpool value in
task mager and see if it keeps increasing?

> Is this a known problem ? I'd like to try 1.9.16 to see if by any
> chance it's fixed there.
> However I'v noticed that the same test, which has been running fine with
> previous versions
> of Grizzly, hangs in waiting first reply packet from server when using
> 1.9.16 on the same
> Windows machine. Is there any Grizzly initialization code change
> necessary to use 1.9.16 ?

Hum this is bad. Can you share a test case?

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois