users@grizzly.java.net

Windows 1.9.11 intermittent socket read problem

From: Amy Kang <Amy.Kang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 12:01:17 -0700

Hi,

We have noticed an intermittent socket read problem under stress on Windows
using Grizzly 1.9.11 - as if a section of bytes was missing. This is
only noticed
on Windows. I'v tried on Solaris different CPU #/speed machines all
work fine
with the same test. The Windows machine I used/noticed the problem is a
Windows
Server 2003 with JDK 1.6.0_12, and at least another user reported
similar problem
on his Windows machine.

Is this a known problem ? I'd like to try 1.9.16 to see if by any
chance it's fixed there.
However I'v noticed that the same test, which has been running fine with
previous versions
of Grizzly, hangs in waiting first reply packet from server when using
1.9.16 on the same
Windows machine. Is there any Grizzly initialization code change
necessary to use 1.9.16 ?

Thanks,
amy