users@grizzly.java.net

Re: Comet handler starts terminating TCP connections with RST?

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 10:55:18 -0500

Jussi Kuosa wrote:
> Hello,
> we're having problems with grizzly 1.0.20 connector (backported to gf2ur1
> running on Debian 4 adm64). After some hours, the connector starts to drop
> (TCP) connections immediately after setup without reaching any of our
> application code.

Can you do a run using
-Dcom.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.enableSnoop=true

(and also make sure you always run with):

<jvm-options>-Dcom.sun.enterprise.server.ss.ASQuickStartup=false</jvm-options>

Also, when that happens, can you grab a jstack PID to see if threads are
available.

Also, I cannot see anything in the glassfish logs. Load is
> very moderate with only 1-4 clients polling every minute.
>
> Here's what happens eventually:
>
> client <-> server
> -> SYN
> <- SYN, ACK
> -> ACK
> <- FIN, ACK
> -> ACK
> -> HTTP GET...
> <- RST
>
> Once this starts to happen, also non-bayeux calls start getting occasional
> connection drops in exactly the same way. All bayeux connections are dropped
> immediately.

Strange.

> I'm not sure how to investigate this any further. Does anyone have any ideas
> on under which circumstances the comet handler would drop the connection
> immediately? This might be some kind of resource exhaustion problem, but
> we're not (yet) that familiar with the grizzly codebase to figure out e.g.
> what is not being released.

One thing you might want to try is to update you v2 installation to use
grizzly 1.0.22.jar

https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository/grizzly/jars/

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois