users@grizzly.java.net

Comet handler starts terminating TCP connections with RST?

From: Jussi Kuosa <jussi.kuosa_at_f-secure.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 23:57:44 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
we're having problems with grizzly 1.0.20 connector (backported to gf2ur1
running on Debian 4 adm64). After some hours, the connector starts to drop
(TCP) connections immediately after setup without reaching any of our
application code. Also, I cannot see anything in the glassfish logs. Load is
very moderate with only 1-4 clients polling every minute.

Here's what happens eventually:

client <-> server
 -> SYN
 <- SYN, ACK
 -> ACK
 <- FIN, ACK
 -> ACK
 -> HTTP GET...
 <- RST

Once this starts to happen, also non-bayeux calls start getting occasional
connection drops in exactly the same way. All bayeux connections are dropped
immediately.

I'm not sure how to investigate this any further. Does anyone have any ideas
on under which circumstances the comet handler would drop the connection
immediately? This might be some kind of resource exhaustion problem, but
we're not (yet) that familiar with the grizzly codebase to figure out e.g.
what is not being released.

Best regards,

    Jussi Kuosa