users@grizzly.java.net

Re: CometContext and NIO

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 16:42:54 -0400

Salut,

Richard Corsale wrote:
> Hi Jeanfrancois, Thanks for the reply.
>
> The thing about the Exception is that there isnt one :) see what happens
> is , I would register a cometHandler with a specific comet context, this
> would work fine , but when I attempt to register one Handler with
> multiple contexts "strange" things would happen, like it would drop
> (seemingly random) Handlers from the same context. also it would fail to
> register new handlers from the same user once I flush and attempt to
> re-register.

Can you share your code (you can send privately if you want)

  so... really its not a specific error its more of a feature :)

:-)

> Note: this does not happen on the latest Grizzly only the one that ships
> with GF2 u2 ?

So with 1.8.6 it works fine (just to be clear)?

> But about my crazzy solution ( which is moot if GF 2.1 is just around
> the corner) and really, just for clarification. am I hosing up the
> thread pool by creating these contexts?

No I don't think so. But I would really like to take a look at what you
are doing exactly. This is an unusual design by it should works :-)

A+

-- Jeanfrancois